First you’ll want to create a new event on Facebook for your hostess. While you can do this on your phone, it’s definitely easier to do on your computer or laptop. To set up the event:
- Click “Events” in the left menu of your News Feed.
- Click “Create Event” in the top right.
- Make it a “Private Event.” This will keep your hostess from spamming all of her friends (& yours too!).
- Personalize the party details:
– Event Photo: Choose one you like you like from the Cover Photos folder on our team Google drive. (Click Here)
– Event Name: something like “April’s Usborne Book BASH!!”
– Location: I often say “in your jammies HERE on Facebook!” Just make sure it’s clear that it’s NOT in person.
– Date & Time: Add a special note if it’s in a different time zone than yours. You can do this by putting in the hostess’ city and state.
– Description: (feel free to personalize!)
Come check out the BEST BOOKS on the market! We have fiction, nonfiction, and activity books for all ages! We’re excited to show off some of our favorite titles and help you find the best books for the kids in your life!Join us here on Facebook next Tuesday, July 25 at 8:30 pm MT. See you then!
- Click Create. That’s it! You’re done!
Erin’s Pro Tip: I like to choose different event photos for each of my parties so I don’t get confused about which party I’m posting in.
Next, you’ll want to set up an e-show on your eCommerce site. Remember, to get to your site go to http://(Your Consultant ID).myubam.com. To login, type in your email address and password that the home office has on file for you. If you are new, your password is most likely the last 4 digits of your social security number.
- Click “My Account”
- On the left-hand side, click on “Add Event.”
- Fill in the following:
Type of Event: E-show
Start Date: the date you create the event
Expiration Date: I generally have these set for 1 week past the hostess’ event date, but this can be edited later if needed. There is a 6-month-limit for open e-shows.
First Name: Hostess’ first name
Last Name: Hostess’ last name
Email: Hostess’ email address. This allows the hostess to receive emails when someone orders from her event. (If you don’t have the hostesses email, this can be left blank.)
Tax Exempt: leave this section blank; this is not applicable for e-shows
Disable Shipping: leave this box unchecked; this is not applicable for e-shows
- Click “Save”
After you have saved the event, your event list will show up. To the right of the hostess’ name, you will see the URL link that you and your hostess will share with her party guests. Using that link will ensure that she receives credit for every order placed during her party. You can copy and paste that link and share it during the party.
Erin’s Pro Tip: I always like to have an e-show open for random orders. I leave it open for 6 months at a time. Instead of putting my name as the hostess, I put “Click Here if You Don’t Have an Event.” You’d be surprised how many times I get random orders on that e-show link which adds up to free books for me! Woot Woot!!
Your To-Do List:
- Set up a Facebook Party event for your launch party. Also, if you have any other parties within the next week, set up Facebook Party events for them too.
- Watch the video on setting up e-shows.
- Set up e-shows for your launch parties as well as any other parties on your calendar. (I always set up the shopping link as soon as they book!)
- Comment below and tell us which graphic you used as your event cover photo.
- Download the Getting Started Workbook if you haven’t already.